Certain food combinations go together well, like in the
Far East for example, where scrambled eggs with crabmeat are very popular. I make scrambled eggs with crabmeat and the crowd goes wild, it is that good. Bacon and eggs are popular, but they who have eaten scrambled eggs with crabmeat praise that luscious dish. Gently scrambled eggs with crabmeat are a beautiful marriage of two subtle tastes. The soft texture of crabmeat with creamy eggs leads to a magnificent, flavourful taste sensation.
I was certainly reminded of this succulent seafood situation in the supermarket recently. On aisle 3, I usually buy a couple tins of brislings while my BW (the Education Tipster) gets some canned albacore. In the same area there was a can of crabmeat, similarly sized as the albacore. So we bought it to add to our scrambled eggs.
I know that fresh lump crabmeat is a quality food, but since we already like canned albacore why not give canned crabmeat a try? We loved it.
Get hold of some crabmeat and make eggs with it. It’s good groceries for sure, and not at all difficult. One important thing – avoid high heat when you cook this.
Scrambled Eggs with Crabmeat serves 4
2 cans of crabmeat (6 ounces each)
3 green onions (scallions) chopped
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper (black is okay but white looks nicer)
3 drops of oriental sesame oil
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
A dash of either oriental oyster sauce or soy sauce
- Open crabmeats and put into a mixing bowl. Take a fork and lightly break up any oversize lumps.
- Crack open the eggs into the bowl. Put in the next four ingredients.
- Take one teaspoon of the ¼ cup of oil and add it to the egg mixture.
- Break up the egg yolks and gently stir so as not to make the crabmeat too fine.
- Heat a dry wok or skillet until hot.
- When the pan is hot, make sure the flame is no longer high.
- Add the remaining oil and the salt.
- With the flame low, pour in the mixture. It should not sizzle.
- Wait a few moments until you see the edges begin to get firm.
- Now gently stir from edges to get eggs to run under.
- Keep stirring thusly until entire mixture is cooked.
Serve right from the pan with the soy or oyster sauce added by diners as they choose.
Try this lovely, flavorsome, rapidly-made meal with the canned crabmeat or if you prefer, the fresh. Many consider crabmeat on a par with lobster. See what you think.