If you grow zucchini or know someone who does, you probably have plenty. Why not make a simple, satisfying zucchini soup of this wonderful vegetable? What a great way to whet your appetite for a nice meal.
Zucchini Soup Serves 4-6
Ingredients:2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 3/4 pounds zucchini, sliced
3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup half & half cream
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano for garnish
· Heat butter and oil in a 3- quart saucepan
· Add onion and fry over low heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
· Add zucchini and continue frying for 2 minutes.
· Add stock and 2 Tablespoons oregano and bring to simmer.
· Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until tender.
· Puree in a blender.
· Return to saucepan to heat up again. Add salt and pepper and half and half.Taste for seasoning. Garnish with fresh oregano and serve.